Specialty Medication for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis – Fast Facts
1. Approximately 1.5 million people in the U.S. have rheumatoid arthritis, making it the most commonly diagnosed form of autoimmune arthritis.
2. Roughly 40% of individuals with rheumatoid arthritis experience symptoms in other structures and organs of the body that do not involve the joints.
3. There is currently no known cure for rheumatoid arthritis. However, early, aggressive treatment has shown the most success in achieving symptom relief.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that leads chronic inflammation in the body. Rheumatoid arthritis is referred to as a systemic disease because although it typically affects the joints, it can also affect other organs, such as the lungs, the skin, and the heart.
How is Rheumatoid Arthritis Treated?
The goals of rheumatoid arthritis treatment are to:
- Reduce and/or eliminate inflammation
- Relieve pain
- Prevent or delay joint damage and other long-term complications
- Restore the normal function of the joints
- Improve overall physical function and quality of life
Treatments for rheumatoid arthritis will vary depending on the stage of the condition and the severity of symptoms. Treatments may include disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroid medications, physical therapy, and in some cases, surgery.
Why Is it Important to Adhere to Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment?
If not treated properly, or if left untreated, rheumatoid arthritis may lead to health complications, like:
- Loss of joint function and even disability
- Osteoporosis (bones that become weak and brittle)
- Coronary artery disease
How Rosemont Specialty Pharmacy Cares for Patients Diagnosed With Rheumatoid Arthritis
Adherence is an important aspect of any treatment plan in order to improve or eliminate symptoms and to achieve overall long-term health benefits. However, complying with treatment instructions can feel overwhelming when a combination of medications is prescribed or when experiencing certain side effects.
At Rosemont Specialty Pharmacy, we work with you to help you achieve better treatment outcomes so you can live a healthy, happy life.
Explore Our Patient Programs for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Specialty Pharmacy Delivery
Learn more about Rosemont Specialty’s free and confidential delivery service.
Learn more about Rosemont Specialty Pharmacy patient adherence and clinical management programs.
Learn more about how Rosemont Specialty Pharmacy provides financial assistance to patients.
Rapid Prior Authorization
Our dedicated prior authorization department works with the patient’s insurance company to acquire prior authorization. We have an entire pharmacist-led team dedicated to managing this process from beginning to end. These individuals have the training and specialized knowledge needed to request the right information from you and your staff. Reducing phone tag between the provider, the insurance company, the patient, and your practice freeing up time for your staff to focus on healthcare.
Call 1-877-592-7988 for more information about how Rosemont Specialty Pharmacy can help you manage your diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.
Educational Resources for Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you’d like to learn more about rheumatoid arthritis, please visit the following websites: